Sunday 1 February 2015

My Little Box Review January 2015

I've always been slightly skeptical about monthly box subscriptions, but when I began receiving 'My Little Box', I thought I had finally found one to prove me wrong.

Alas, after three months I have found myself cancelling my subscription after a number of disappointments. December's box was extremely underwhelming- gift wrapping was displayed with rather dull gift tags, all tied together with sub-standard string and advice on a present for a friend was 'a ____ months supply of My Little Boxes' *yawn*.

January's box seemed the strongest to me (at the time). I received the 'energy' themed package and despite it's lack of originality, I was pleased with it's contents.



Fitting in with the 'new year, new you' theme, the box came with a cute calendar, a motivational poster, a gym bag and several beauty products.

Although I packed the calendar straight in my bag to pin up with work, I was more excited about using the gym bag for weekends away (as oppose to exercise). Bunging some of my clothes in my shiny new bag, I set off on the train but to my dismay, the zip broke only half an hour into me having used it. Considering there were only light clothes and I did not force the zip, I was very disappointed.




The beauty products slightly uplifted the aura of the box, with rich red Nailsinc polish, as well as Talika's photo-hydra day cream- pleasant smelling, if a little greasy. The highlight of the products was My Little Beauty's energising mist, supposedly meant to  refresh the face- it might have felt more like I was spraying Febreze in my face, but it was entertaining nonetheless.



What did you think of this month's box? Do you have any other boxes you can recommend? 









No comments:

Post a Comment